At ATAUÚBA we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Please take the time to review this notice, which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and what your rights are. ATAUÚBA controls the personal data collected through or in connection with shopify and any App associated with the “Site”.
What personal data do we collect about you?We collect personal data about you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when using our Site (eg, your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information that is added to your profile);
- Transaction and billing information if you make a purchase through us or using our Site (eg debit/credit card details and delivery information);
- Records about your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer support team, or if you interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide to us when you participate in a competition or fill out a questionnaire;
- Information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies (eg which pages you visited and whether you clicked on any links in one of our emails). We may also collect information about the device used to access our Site; and
- Other information that we need to provide to the Site, for example, we may access your location if you give us consent to do so.
- If you also shop at one of our stores, we may combine the information you give us in-store (e.g. if you make a purchase or join our in-store customer list) with the information above.
How do we use this personal data?Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, your personal data may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- To place your order and maintain your account online.
- To manage and respond to any questions or complaints made to our customer support team.
- To customize the Site for you, and show you content that we think will be as interesting as possible to you, based on your account information, your purchase history, and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its use.
- For market research, eg we may contact you to obtain feedback regarding our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising where we have your consent or permission to do so.
- For security reasons, to investigate fraud or when necessary to protect ourselves and others.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We use the following legal basis, under the data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to enter into a contract with you, or to take steps before entering into a contract with you (eg when the customer makes a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and place your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (eg when you contact us with a question, when you add optional information to your profile, or when you agree to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interest as an e-commerce operator to promote and maintain our services. We are constantly looking to understand our customers better so that we can offer them the best products and the best possible customer experience. We use your information to personalize what the customer sees on our Site, in order to make it more interesting and relevant with regard to the products and offers to be presented.
Our Site may allow you to add extra information to your profile, such as information about your body and skin type, hair type and condition, training regimen, performance goals, height and weight. We treat this information with particular sensitivity, as we understand that it may reveal information about your health or ethnicity, for example. The customer is not obliged to provide us with this information, and may delete or update it at any time.
Loja ATAUÚBA aims to facilitate communication with our customers, and therefore, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages via email, by phone or by post. Some of these messages may be personalized, based on your browsing history or previous purchases, and other information we have about you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us (or if you wish to receive them again!), you may change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on any e-mail address. email, or updating your preferences in your account. If you unsubscribe from our marketing offers, please note that we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (eg order and shipping confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see advertisements for our Site on third party websites, including social media. These advertisements may be personalized to you using cookies (which track your online activity, and therefore allow us to deliver advertisements to customers who have visited our Site). If you see an ad on social media, this could be because we've appealed to the social network in question to show ads to our customers, or to users who match the demographics of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network in question. If you don't want to see personalized ads again, you can change your privacy and cookie settings in your browser and on third-party websites.
With whom do we share this personal data?
We share our customers' personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
• With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate our Site.
• With our suppliers and service providers who work for us, eg payment processors and delivery companies.
• With our professional and legal advisors.
• With third parties dedicated to fraud prevention and detection.
• With law enforcement and other government authorities, eg to report fraud or in response to a legal request.
• In all other cases where we have your consent or are permitted by law to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based in all parts of the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights with respect to your data compared to the rights you have under the local laws of your own country. In the event that personal data is transmitted outside the European Economic Area, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected through appropriate safeguards, in particular EU standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, and as such this period of time will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, if you have placed an order with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for as long as necessary for billing purposes, for tax purposes, and for warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of our correspondence with you (for example, if you have filed a complaint about a product) for as long as necessary to protect ourselves from legal action. When there is no longer a need to store your information, we will delete it. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure that we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
This Site guarantees that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves converting information or data into code to prevent unauthorized access. This Site accompanies this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all debit and credit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are used to protect customer data when it is in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
While we do everything in our power to ensure that personal data is always protected from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Our Site is not intended for, and must not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 18.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to access and correct your personal data, and, in specific circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another entity in a commonly used format.
You have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including sending you marketing. See 'Marketing' above for more details on opting out of marketing.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, for example; when our purposes for processing your personal data have come to an end; where you object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and we have no legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; and where our processing has been based on your consent being withdrawn.
We will comply with all requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. However, you should be aware that there are various limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are unable to fulfill your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You also have the right to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Last update 02.28.2022